Valis' Triangle ShawlThis is my first pattern. Triangle shawl in garter stitch with rouching ruffle.
It has alternate ideas especially for a beginning knitter. The ruffle drapes nicely.
You can see the front and back view.
Valis' Triangle Shawl
- Worsted weight yarn-I Love this Yarn Stripes (Sugarplum) 1 skein= 250 yds. Total of 2 skeins/500 yds.
- 1-10.5/24 inch- 29 inch circular needle which yields 7 stitches/12 rows in 2 inch swatch.
- Stitching back and forth to hold all stitches.
- 1 tapestry needle to weave any ends.
- 1 pr of scissors
- From point to width: 30 inches each side.
- Wide base: 36 inches.
- Ruffle rouching is 2 inches thick.
- Final ruffle is 47 inches wide.
Starting at the point:
- Cast on 1 stitch. Knit this stitch and turn. (1)
- Knit one in front and back and turn. (k1f/b) (2)
- Knit first stitch in the front and back and knit to the end and turn. (3)
- Knit first stitch in the front and back and knit to the end and turn and continue until there are 135 stitches.
- Knit one and yo to the end and turn. (270)
- Knit the next row and turn. (270)
- Knit 1 stitch and knit again in the same stitch which elongates the stitch (not a k1f/b).
- Refer to video on youtube.Turn.(270)
- Repeat 3 rows like this.
- (If too confusing, you may use the drop stitch method)
- Or just knit the next 4-6 rows to make a 2 inch ( or wider) ruffle
- Knit one stitch, then knit the next 2 stitches together which becomes one stitch.
- Now, knit the first and knit 2 together stitch you just did.
- Continue this bind off to the end.
- Basically, it is a knit 2 together bind off.
- (If too confusing, just do a simple bind off of your choice :)
Let this pattern be a journey and use your own stitches. It's all fun to make.
Happy knitting, Valis