Custom Search

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Let's hear it for the Crocheters!

As much as I love knitting, I am a faster crocheter. They both create such beautiful fabrics.

My absolute favorite is Lyn's Ripple Blanket. This pattern can also be directed to Ravelry under Lyn's Round Ripple Baby Afghan if you are searching for this type of crochet pattern. There is a slightly different rhythm in crocheting that I like. You don't have to worry about a series of lost stitches and usually the instructions are pretty straightforward.
Now, with that said, I love using this particular pattern because it is so pretty and yet simple to make. You can use any type of yarn and make it as big or as small as you like. This pattern comes from a charity link  and is available for free. I have seen such smiles and gestures of gratitude from family, friends, and strangers because it is not your usual square blanket and all the creativity put into this project says so much to the recipient. Does that make sense? Like I stated before, I love to give not for attention but for true essence of helping others. Maybe, that's why I am a nurse.
You would think while I am sick at this time, I would get that. I do now. I've heard it said that nurses are the worst patients. Well, I know my husband was the patient one. (Sorry for the pun.)

To pull this altogether, I forgot how much I enjoyed making the afghans for those who are in need. It so happens to be in crochet that is fun to do. So I challenge the knitters who do not crochet, to at least get this pattern, hook up on You Tube and learn this  craft. If you can knit, you can crochet. It's all loop d loops!
To those who are crocheters, hook up to this pattern and make a few to donate to a church or your local LYS.
Tell me what your thought are. Remember, there is no right or wrong. We are just sharing ideas:) Valis